Measure 1.1.1: Advancement rates for tenure and promotion, disaggregated to track parity.2
Targets: Maintain or increase the percentage of faculty promoted at barrier promotions; develop capacity to regularly disaggregate and report data.
Measure 1.1.2: Number of impactful publications, relevant to disciplinary norms.
Targets: Increase department-specific numbers; metrics will be developed.
Measure 1.1.3: Participation in public and professional service activities related to areas of expertise.
Targets: Increase the number of awards, consultancies, advisory board memberships, Op-eds, public scholarship, media citations, etc. that reflect contributions to public and professional service; metrics will be developed.
Example Strategic Initiatives:
- Grow industry, agency, and community relationships to support and collaborate on research and educational programs
- Continue to invest in areas of faculty research expertise through academic planning
- Continue to improve and expand mentoring and workshops to support faculty tenure, promotion, and advancement
- Develop a formal structure to prepare faculty nominations for national awards and recognitions, i.e. National Academies of Sciences
- Adopt technologies and staff support that increase the external profile of the campus’ scholarly and creative activities
- Cultivate a staff culture of thought-leadership in functional roles, including specific contributions to the research enterprise
- Nominate staff for national professional development programs and opportunities
- Increase the utilization of open-access scholarship to promote research dissemination
- Build institutional capacity to enable faculty and staff to host conferences at regional, national, and international levels in areas identified as strategically important.